Update added by user May 28, 2013
Yet another thing I failed to mention this was a beaded liner - there was nothing the installer could do to reduce the wrinkles any more than he already had. Leisure Living recommended taking sand out of the bottom - that would not have fixed the issue...the liner was too large in every aspect. I'm sorry but under no circumstance should you have 3 or 4" of extra material when the seam is sitting in the middle of the cove.
Update added by user May 28, 2013
I incorrectly listed the liner size. The pool is a 27' x 52" and the liner which I purchased from Leisure Living / Poolsupplies.com was the same size (27x52).
Original review posted by user May 28, 2013
We purchased a used pool and needed a new liner in order to have it installed at our place. I went out of my way to do some research ahead of time. I researched the manufacturer of the pool and even contacted them to ensure this model (Atlantic J5000 aka J5) still had parts available and that it was a true 27'. Just a few days weeks ago I purchased a pool liner from Leisure Living / PoolSupplies.com this was a cobblestone style liner 25mil thick for a 27' x 54" pool
When the installer came out and went to place the liner in he knew immediately there was a problem. It wasn't very warm that day maybe 67F and this liner was just plain TOO big. He double checked the wall ring of the pool to insure it in fact was a true 27' and this liner had wrinkles all over the walls and floor it was terrible. So with a water truck on the way I'm frantically calling Leisure Living to see what the deal was. Long story short they were under the impression I purchased the pool and liner from them however once they learned the pool was used they immediately just pointed the finger at that being the issue. I called the manufacturer of the pool once more to triple check I had the right model and its size was true and they assured it was. So I have the manufacturer and the installer telling me its the liner yet Leisure Living insists its the pool. I ended up eating the cost and living with a horrible looking install thanks to them. I wish I would have taken the time to research Leisure Living as I did everything else in this endeavor. Keep in mind there was nothing installation wise that would have fixed this issue the liner was excessively large in both depth AND diameter. The installer tried to smooth the floor out to make cleaning the pool in the future easier and that resulted in about a 3" flap on the wall - THAT is how out of spec this liner is. Do yourself a favor - spare the headache - this IS one of those scenarios where you get what you pay for. If I would have spend $100 more I wouldn't have had all these issues.
Keep in mind the attached photos are with the liner smoothed as much as possible to reduce floor wrinkles and held in place with a vacuum until the water was delivered.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 27X52 Rd Cobblestone Tile 25G
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "We purchased our home last year from a seller who had done a significant amount of remodeling using Alside windows. ALL 7 replaced windows now have failed seals and moisture..."
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "I cleaned the decks with cleaner waited 48 hours then swept the deck before painting. The decks were painted one coat let dry over night then 2nd coat applied, one..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."
- "I opened a can of Wolf brand Chili No Beans dated July 2017 and it had mold in it. I'm 50 years of age and I have been eating Wolf..."
- "Allied did a great job and beautifully transformed our back yard into a wonderful outdoor living space. Their work was performed by craftsmen and the project was delivered in less..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."